Helen A. BROUGH, Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, Evelina Children’s Hospital, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital, London, UK
Helen is a Consultant in Paediatric Allergy, and Head of Service for the largest Children’s Allergy Service in the UK at the Evelina Children’s Hospital, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. She is also Group Lead for Allergy, Respiratory and Gastroenterology and Palliative Care and Group Lead for Strategy within the Evelina London Medicine and Neonatal Directorate.
Helen is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at King’s College London University. Helen’s research interests are in genetic and environmental risk factors for the development of food allergy, cutaneous sensitisation, the prevention, diagnosis and management of food allergy and severe asthma. She is the lead author for the BSACI Standards of Care Committee guideline for the management of atopic eczema. She led the UK arm of the Pronuts study, evaluating the rate of challenge proven peanut, tree nut and sesame seed allergy in the UK, Spain and Geneva. Helen was involved in the Learning Early About Peanut (LEAP), LEAP-ON and Enquiring About Tolerance (EAT) study that has resulted in a paradigm shift in the way food allergies are prevented.
Helen is the Chair of the Paediatric Section for the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (EAACI). She was also the Congress Co-Chair for the EAACI 2020 Congress which was the first digital annual congress and was attended by over 8500 delegates. She was awarded the 2020 Distinguished Clinician Award by the American Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology (AAAAI).
Helen read Medicine at King’s College, Cambridge University before completing her clinical training at the Royal Free & University College London Medical School. She completed her MSc at the University of Southampton and her PhD at King’s College London.
Susanne LAU, Deputy Head of Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Immunology and Intensive Care, Charité Medical University Berlin, Germany
|Doctor`s degree University Hamburg
Assistant Professor (Privatdozent; Habilitation)
Associate Professor (apl.)
|Since 2004||Senior consultant Pediatric Pulmonology and Allergy|
|Since 2014||Head of section of Pediatric Pulmonology and Allergy|
|Since 2020||Deputy Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Immunology and Intensive Care Medicine|
Academic activities and awards
- Principal Investigator of the interventional birth cohort study “PAPS” since 2004.
- Work package leader of the work package “birth cohorts” in Ga2len funded by EU framework 7
- Principal investigator of the Multicentre Allergy Study (MAS) since 2011 together with Thomas Keil.
- Chair of the Pediatric Allergy and Asthma meeting (PAAM) in Berlin (October 2015)
- Chair of the German Allergy Congress (DAK) Berlin (co-chair Jörg Kleine-Tebbe) (October 2016)
- ExCom member of EAACI (European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology) 2013-2019
- Johannes Wenner Award 1988 (Society of Pediatric Pneumology GPP)
- Klosterfrau Award 2002 (Society of Pediatric Pneumology GPP)
- FARE (Foundation of Allergy Research in Europe) EAACI 2004 “Human allergen exposure and sensitisation”
- Lucie Adelsberger Medaille 2019 (Society of Pediatric Allergy and Environmental Medicine GPA)
- BIH Clinical Fellow (Foundation Charité) 2019-2022
- Numerous publications: Hirsch factor 57
Carina VENTER, Associate Professor, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Children’s Hospital Colarado, University of Colorado, Denver, USA
Dr. Venter (PhD RD) is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Section of Allergy/Immunology at the Children’s Hospital Colorado and University of Colorado Denver, where she is conducting research in allergy prevention and working with children with food allergies.
She is a member of American, European, and British Allergy Societies. She moved from the UK in 2015 where she performed research into food allergy prevalence funded by the Food Standards Agency, UK.
She is a member of European and American food allergy guidelines on Allergy Prevention.
She was also a member of the NICE (UK) and National Institutes for Allergy and Infectious Diseases Food Allergy guidelines.
Προσκεκλημένοι Ξένοι Ομιλητές
Updated on 2020-10-14T12:42:00+03:00, by .